In summer, the Main-Spessart-Bad open air swimming pool is one of the most popular meeting places in Lohr a.Main. This modern pool complex includes:
- A heated 50m swimmers’ pool with six lanes (2 roped off for serious swimmers)
- A 750 m² heated non-swimmers’ pool with bubble jets
- A giant 89m slide
- A diving tower with 1m springboard and 3m and 5m platforms
- A beautiful area for small children, with separate sunbathing lawn and awning offering shade
- A spacious sunbathing lawn with mature trees, right on the riverbank
- A kiosk/café offering icecream, sweets, snacks and drinks
- A large playground with awning
- Beach volleyball
Opening hours of open-air swimming pool:
May and September: 9 am - 7 pm
June to August: 8 am - 8 pm
Indoor swimming pool and learners’ pool
The Nägelsee Sports Centre has two indoor swimming pools. In the smaller of the two halls, there is a 16.75m learners' pool with a depth-adjustable floor. The larger hall houses a 25m
racing pool with swimmer and non-swimmer zones. When
required, lanes can be roped off in this pool.
There is also a small sauna area with two sauna cabins, a restroom and a small outdoor area. In addition to the mixed sauna sessions, the sauna area is open for women only on Mondays and Thursdays. Use of the 25m swimming pool is
included for visitors to the sauna.
Opening hours of indoor swimming pool:
Monday - Thursday: 3.30 pm - 9.30 pm
Friday: 2 pm - 9.30 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10 am - 6 pm
The sauna is always open when the swimming pool is open.
Mondays and Thursdays: ladies' days in the sauna
Ticket office closes 45 minutes before closing time.
Pool must be cleared 15 minutes before closing time.
The learners' pool is open to the public during normal
opening hours on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Tuesday is "warm-water day".
September - April: Sundays are family days in the small